Mrlunoon, great post, can relate to a lot of your story, as can...

1. 3,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Mrlunoon, great post, can relate to a lot of your story, as can many people looking at the 141 thumbs up. This number is quite telling, I believe it represents a large percentage of young to middle aged Aussies who have been priced out of the market, and/or simply cannot bring themselves to blow their life savings as well as strap themselves to a massive loan, and line up to be slaughtered with the rest of the zombies.

My mother in law kept pestering me to buy a house. I just kept telling her that every time she mentioned that, we would delay buying a house even longer.

There are zombies walking the face of Australia sprouting the same thing like one of those dolls where you pull the string and it keeps saying the same thing over and over, 'buy a house' 'bricks and mortar.. you just have to get your foot in the door'

They are so stuck in their ways they simply don't ask the question 'is this property I am about to buy twice as expensive as the long term average?' and 'why would that be?' 'what happens to overvalued markets fattened by idiotic government intervention?' 'what is a property crash?'

You might get your foot in a door, only to find out that it's not your door after all, it was really the bank's door and they showed you the door when the you learnt what 'negative equity' and 'default' means.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.