NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Not much happening in trade so I thought it might be interesting...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    Not much happening in trade so I thought it might be interesting taking a look at Zimbabwe....

http://www.bizday.co.zw/2014/03/28/bnc-can-process-platinum-metals/

‘BNC can process platinum metals’
    28th March

"Bindura Nickel Corporation could turn its smelter and refinery into precious metals refinery with a few modifications and refurbishment, managing director Mr Batirai Manhando said.
    Mr Manhando said the modifications and refurbishments would cost a few hundred millions, far less than the estimated $3 billion-plus required for a new facility." continues
    and later...
    "This capacity can be expanded to process more than the 430 000 ounces of platinum Zimbabwe produces annually, but exports
    in raw form for further processing in South Africa.

Zimbabwe has the world’s second biggest known deposits of platinum after South Africa and Government reckons a platinum refinery would optimise proceeds from the mineral." cont

SA getting left out of refining too? but might create demand for some local, fresh brand spanking new ore to come to surface...from impatient juniors?

and those commodity big boys are meeting right now in
    Lausanne Switzerland..Anglo CEO has gone to this meeting.
    I see Glengore Xstrata there...maybe Citic Pacific will be there next year as importer and exporter of a certain commodity.

https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/commodities2014/speakers/?&

At least the industry has plenty of events to follow.

All that is missing from the story are the Hedgies...
    those funds that short and create liquidity in the marketplace as SP rots and profit when commodity prices go west and more ore/matt? goes east.

quoting from the above report about ZIM...
    "Already, the Government has identified mining, beneficiation and value addition as central to economic growth. A 15 percent levy was introduced this year to discourage raw platinum exports while a total ban is set for 2015."

Is that a reason why Glencore Xstrata may have listed on JSE recently? So much to understand and so many forces guiding this kite weighing it down and then a gust of wind to float it on high... SA wants to hold onto their string but that might cost if they want any industry at all...imo.

Calm before a storm or will the winds kick in first?
    Hold onto your umbrellas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.