XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

calvo's swinging long - monday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    MORNING TRENDSETTERS

I must apologise straight off. We had a que around the block for the Zoomba Lounge this weekend. With nearly 4000 reads, we had to turn away plenty.

What do we put this sudden influx down to? I thought they maybe new Hot Copper members, who, stumbling in for the first time, headed for the bright lights and glamour of the Zoomba.

Alas, I think I know the reality. As we know, The Zoomba is opposite 'Soup Kitchen Park'. An attractive free feed for overseas backpackers and assorted bludgerites sponsored by the generosity of the Perth community.

This week, there have been more than a few dishevelled white shirts and ties hanging around for a feed. They look like shorters from the week, XJO'ers.

Qunlbao calls them 'Decepticons' (in jest I'm sure). They were definately licking their wounds from the stop triggering, volatile, up 'n down thrusting weekly trading activities.

Guess where they turn up on the weekend.

I am biased towards the long side. This could be because I bought everything at a lot higher price than it is now. Dgoransson would describe me as 'locked in'.

If I don't want to lose money, I perceive that I am locked in to holding until or if that price regains itself. Once attained, I may feel inclined to sell.

But I am medium term bullish because I think we have more to run. This ecomomy is not exactly overheating...and the dollar will continue to make sure of that.

Which brings us to our Monday morning thread cranker, Calvo.

I am swinging so I am long - China buying the AUD two days ago in heavy amounts is a sure catalyst for a bounce [volume in]. Twitchy? Absolutely . we are sure to have another credit rating downgrade very soon. Whether that will be this Monday, in two weeks in three months who knows? Not for the inexperienced and faint hearted. Providing you are mentally capable to stop and reverse a position with systematic surgical precision there's money to be made.' CALVO

Great read on the weekend fellas. Lot's of new guys and interesting points of view. Can't believe how much talent there is on this board

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.