OMC omegacorp limited

camec withdraws offer

1. 514 Posts.
    It's not often I do this, but it seems I was right about something. Found the below on the Camec website, they have withdrawn the offer for Omega due to the Mavuzi spin off. I will be very interested to see what impact this has on the share price, it could go either way really, hopefully for holders it is north rather than south.

Central African Mining and Exploration Company Plc

CFM/ Index: AIM/ Sector: Mining & Exploration

13 June 2007

Central African Mining & Exploration Company Plc ('CAMEC' or 'the Company')
    withdraws all-share bid for ASX listed OmegaCorp Limited ('OmegaCorp')

Central African Mining and Exploration Company Plc, the AIM quoted fully
    integrated exploration, mining, trading and investment company announces that it
    has withdrawn its takeover bid for Australian Securities Exchange listed
    OmegaCorp Limited (ASX: OMC) and will not be despatching offers in relation to
    that bid.

CAMEC has been informed by OmegaCorp that OmegaCorp is both bound to proceed
    with the initial public offering of Mavuzi Resources Limited and intends to do
    so. OmegaCorp has also confirmed that certain of the relevant assets have been
    disposed of after the announcement of the CAMEC bid.

On this basis, it appears a number of bid conditions have been breached (and
    there will be further breaches once the initial public offering proceeds). CAMEC
    regards a breach of these conditions as commercially fundamental to its bid and
    it will rely on them. In these circumstances, CAMEC will not continue with the
    bid process.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.