SLX 0.40% $4.92 silex systems limited

Cameco CEO Tim Gitzel on GLE and SLX, page-7

1. 1,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1355
    Thanks for posting this, SWP.

I particularly like Tim Gitzel’s long-term outlook for the nuclear industry:

We operate in a business where progress is not measured in weeks and quarters, but in years. And when you think about the role nuclear power can play in solving some of the world's energy problems, the future for nuclear energy is actually quite exciting. Today, we're seeing many organizations formally oppose the nuclear power, starting to recognize that there is no near-term solution to climate change and air quality issues without the use of nuclear power. The global population of about 7 billion people of which 2 billion have little or no access to electricity with another 2 billion expected on the planet by 2050, electricity demand is only going to continue to grow.Within that context, what is needed is large scale baseload electricity that 24 hour power that makes things like healthcare, education, communication and transportation systems possible. And when countries consider their options for clean baseload electricity, nuclear looks pretty attractive an option that can provide the power they need not only reliably but also safely and affordably and in a way that avoids emitting greenhouse gases and avoids adding to the air pollution that plagued so many countries with developing economies.Countries like China, India, and those in the Middle-East are figuring that out. That's why we are seeing these countries adding significant amount of nuclear generation to their grids.

It all sounds very sensible and factual to me.

It is also noteworthy that Cameco are against Section 232:

So, this idea that quotas we put in place or tariffs, we’re not in favor of that. We are prepared to compete on the market with anybody whether it's in the U.S. or anywhere. So, the petitioners are still moving ahead, the 232 piece is moving ahead, you have seen few dust ups in the last few days between the petitioners and the utilities. We’re just trying to find the solution that works so that as I say, the utility is we’re concerned for our customers that they are not in a more difficult position than they are now. And so, we’ll see I think the process, I think the process is still moving ahead.

Nothing to object there either, as far as I’m concerned.

Now, hearing the same guy say the following about Silex:

That’s a technology that we think has a future. We really do. I'm not sure when in the future, but it was just something we didn’t want to see disappear and so we were able among the partners to strike a deal to take over the technology. We will be moving in along not at a rapid pace or not an expensive pace, but we will be moving it along.

is obviously music for SLX shareholders' ears.

Cameco seem to be serious about what they're doing with GLE (and may even be downplaying it a bit, which is fair enough).

Judging by the price action, it would appear that the market has started noticing...
    Last edited by Transversal: 12/02/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.92
Change
-0.020(0.40%)
Mkt cap ! $1.165B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.82 $4.95 $4.80 $1.991M 407.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11 $4.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.92 6209 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.