re: olive let's drop it? I quoted directly from the Kahan...

1. 4,788 Posts.
    re: olive let's drop it?
    I quoted directly from the Kahan Commission report on the link that you suggested.

I also went to the official government site which said:

"  104. Report of the Commission of Inquiry into the events at the refugee camps in Beirut, 8 February 1983.

The Commission determined that the massacre at Sabra and Shatilla was carried out by a Phalangist unit, acting on its own but its entry was known to Israel. No Israeli was directly responsible for the events which occurred in the camps. But the Commission asserted that Israel had indirect responsibility for the massacre since the I.D.F. held the area, Mr. Begin was found responsible for not exercising greater involvement and awareness in the matter of introducing the Phalangists into the camps. Mr. Sharon was found responsible for ignoring the danger of bloodshed and revenge when he approved the entry of the Phalangists into the camps as well as not taking appropriate measures to prevent bloodshed. Mr. Shamir erred by not taking action after being alerted by communications Minister Zippori. Chief of Staff Eitan did not give the appropriate orders to prevent the massacre. The Commission recommended that the Defense Minister resign, that the Director of Military Intelligence not continue in his post and other senior officers be removed"

So now the Kahan Commission is to be argued against? It is at fault?

I notice that you use a highlight for ' plucking out a word here and there to support your case'; are you trying to mislead?

I find this argument interesting, from a technical point of view, and does show some (small) insight into the national psyche.

Last night I found a Jewish source who has problems with it. (Kahan Report) However after chasing down the guy, a Doctor Joseph Lerner it became clear that he has a "problem". A problem with everything that does not match his view on life.

I think readers have had enough on this matter and I would say have been in a position to make up their minds, long ago.

My last comment.

I'm sure that we are all grateful.

And the evangelists, praise the Lord.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.