AYN 0.00% 0.1¢ alcyone resources ltd

Janti, you've been watching silver for as long as I have and it...

1. 2,942 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1044
    Janti, you've been watching silver for as long as I have and it must be with EXTREME optimism that you even contemplate the silver price being high in May! PM's normally top around April at the latest and then grind lower into July for a bit of a rally and then a higher low in Aug/Sep. Short of a financial crisis or conflict I expect silver to trade south of US$20.

AYN could not have picked a worse time to complete a capital raising. In fact, this board are a bunch of drongos and should be sacked. When I saw their announcement back in December of acquisitions and financing I couldn't believe it. Rank amateurs! Can't get their primary operation producing at a profit but if there's a way to get their hands on someone elses money so that they can keep paying themselves then they're all for it. This mob issued themselves a squillion free shares in the last capital raising so it will be interesting to see whether they dig deep and actually pay for some shares this time. If silver is sub $20 in mid May then I expect this mob to keep the mine site on care and maintenance and if my outlook for silver is even close then they probably won't start mining operations until 3rd or 4th quarter of 2014. All the while AYN share holders watch their 2c shares grind down towards 1c or 0.0005 in the pre-capitalised terms.

On a plus note, I believe 2015/16 will be great years for PM's so if AYN can stay solvent until the end of 2014 then there could be a lot of money made. CCU are in the same boat as AYN but not as bad. If AYN is able to raise $13M then CCU should be able to raise $18M and on that basis CCU is the better investment from late 2014 onwards.

All IMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AYN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.