NAG 9.52% 1.9¢ nagambie resources limited

Can defamatory action be taken by NAG

1. 6,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1260
    Not a lawyer,  but just looked up what can be construed as defamatory  in the light of ProjectInsiders  posting today stating the company is  "apparently insolvent"". The moderator removed the posting, but CaymanCeltic  managed to find a  reply to it  and has posted it on another thread

I thought defamation  applied to persons only  being defamed, but it seems that nowadays  companies that are defamed by bloggers   with  incorrect or deliberately false statements that can cause  economic harm to their activities   can institute legal action. I sincerely hope  NAG  consult their  legal eagles  and pursue the matter  vigorously   if warranted.

Here is a 2015  link,  the text for which is below .
    https://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-l...de/can-corporation-sue-me-harm-its-reputation
    Text from this article  is cut and paste below
    Can a corporation sue me for harm to its reputation?

Yes. In fact, businesses regularly sue for defamation because their economic interests are often tied to their reputations. The Citizen Media Law Project warns bloggers to be especially cautious when publishing negative information about companies, or their products or services, because false, disparaging statements in this context may also give rise to suits alleging violation of fair trade and fair competition laws or impermissible interference with economic advantage or prospective contractual relations. This is particularly the case when the subject of the negative information is a competitor. Note, however, the use of the word “false” in describing these disparaging comments. Journalists, digital or otherwise, may criticize corporations and the way they do business, so long as the authors do so fairly and accurately. Be aware, however, that businesses frequently resort to SLAPPs to intimidate and silence their critics.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
-0.002(9.52%)
Mkt cap ! $15.13M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $8.171K 420.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17589 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 188489 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.21pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.