It's a discussion forum. You made your remark, to which I...

1. 20,877 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    It's a discussion forum. You made your remark, to which I responded.

It is, I did and you did.
    But wait, there's more! what.png

The issue was the proposition that an omniscient/omnipotent Creator is capable of creating the best possible world....yet, if such a being exists, here we are living in a world of suffering and pain that is not of our making.

But the story suggests that the world is of our own making.
    We are talking about the story of this Creator?
    Therefore there is some responsibility on us, in the image of god, as the story suggests, for the world we create.
    Or not. It seems we don't want to. Considering that there is pain and suffering. We just say it's the Creators fault.
    Or even easier, there is no Creator at all, as it stands to reason with the issue you pointed out.
    It would seem, that is the only reasonable reality.

In the omniscience, in the image of us, we should have an idea of what we are doing. If what we are doing would make a better world or not. Would we injure or harm someone.
    You just suggested if the being exists it should be the best possible world and it's not.
    Are you suggesting you know better than the omniscient/omnipotent Creator if he exists?
    How do you propose to make it a better world, considering you suggest he isn't?
    It's clear to me, that you know this Creator doesn't exist as why would you bring up the issue?
    And I concede it's most likely true.
    But still, the story is fascinating. Its insights are astounding in its complexities.

You missed out on omnipresence, and in that sense, maybe the suffering and pain is just but a paper cut, infection with a little ink, in the scheme of the Creator's things.
    Could you ponder something like that from any insight you got from evaluating the entire story?

Living things must kill and eat other living things in order to survive, etc, etc....

Is that an argument for it to be ok not to be a better world?
    The suffering and pain must exist in our world?
    You know, we could be bacteria in a drop of body odour in an unimaginable huge creature that eats other living things in order to survive.
    How would we know?
    Can you say we are not?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.