XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

IMO I'd agree its possible last Friday was the low for now....

1. 315 Posts.

IMO I'd agree its possible last Friday was the low for now. There are some things which indicate it was, although there others that suggest not. Certainly there is likely to be a retest of the low soon but whether that is a new low is not certain. A low of 2800-2920 is still not out of the question, but again its uncertain.

Though its useful and a bit of fun to make calls on tops bottoms, turn dates etc, IMO I wouldn't get too hung up about focusing solely on them.

So, IMO take into account as many indicators/signals as possible or use whatever you find most profitable for trading. And stick to a trading plan/strategy. Top and bottom targets are just part of the overall mix, which might include price channels, MACD/RSI crossovers, overbought/oversold conditions, moving average crossings, fib targets, extensions, gap ups/downs, support levels, turn dates etc etc.

As you can't get everything right and you always get mixed signals, I personally wouldn't use any of them in isolation to determine when to buy or sell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.