I'll just leave Ellis MP's reply below here so you guys can...

1. 3,671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    I'll just leave Ellis MP's reply below here so you guys can derail the thread and talk about something else rather than admit you got a bit chizzy about something that didn't happen, oh and happy holidays guys!

"
    Given I am currently spending far too much of my time responding to abusive emails about the Christmas card I sent to local residents, I thought I might just share some facts here.

This whole situation is utterly ridiculous.

Yes, my card wished people a happy holidays - it also said Merry Christmas 4 times and featured a picture of baby Jesus. I would have thought this was pretty clear and obvious that I am not avoiding the religious significance of the occasion.

Anybody who is saying otherwise is speaking utter nonsense.

Perhaps even more so though - any one who thinks they are somehow protecting the meaning of Christmas by spending the days leading up to Christmas sending hateful messages that are based solely on misinformation they heard from a friend of a friend may want to reconsider.

If people don't have anything real to be outraged about perhaps they should relax and enjoy Christmas as I intend to do.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Enjoy
    Kate'

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.