AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

Can Lanstead and Nomura appoint new management now?

1. 625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    I was checking at the list of top 20 shareholders from the 2014 Annual Report (prior to consolidation).  All these guys combined had 17.7% of issued capital.   With the genius deal with Lanstead et al, all these shareholders have been diluted and basically Lanstead now controls the company with its 20% control interest.  Can they appoint new management now? Although shareholders approved the issue of shares to sophisticated investors, can management actually sell the company that easy?  any lawyers?

upload_2015-3-16_12-35-34.png

Notice that Citicorp Nominees Pty Ltd had 66,583,588 shares prior to consolidation or 6,658,358 shares post consolidation.  They lent 6,584,383 shares to Nomura as per Form 603 notice of initial substantial holder lodged on 12/03/2015.

upload_2015-3-16_12-44-6.png

which is the amount being shorted as per ASIC Reported Daily Short Positions for 10/03/2015

upload_2015-3-16_12-19-11.png

So, in summary, Nomura has borrowed shares from Lanstead and Citicorp Nominees but so far has only used Citicorp shares for their shorting, not Lanstead's.  The shorting capacity of Nomura is just too much for a minnow like AKK which is illiquid, it can easily take it to 0.001 in one hit.  No one in their right mind is going to buy shares in this company knowing what is happening even though they see the share price going up, it will be a bait only.  I think Nomura stuffed things up, they could have traded in ranges up and down and create liquidity, now the only liquidity they have is to trade to themselves.  No one believes this company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.