PAA 2.50% 19.5¢ pharmaust limited

Can Monepantel help cure HIV ?

1. 1,048 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1992
    Hi all,

Especially @adreamer. You have quoted Dr Roger Aston (Executive Chairman) of PharmAust.
    Dr Roger through a subsidiary (Pitney Pharmaceuticals) of PharmAust has lodged possibly 80 patents for PAA across the globe, one of them is Kaposis Sarcoma a by condition of HIV/AIDS. In your post adreamer dated 24/02/2020 , Dr Roger states that Monepantel might be beneficial in fighting HIV/AIDS.

So, that comes left field for me, I believed I knew a good deal of scientific information on our drug.
    Obviously I don’t know all, but let’s look at where Dr Roger is coming from.

A study “ Modulation of mTORC1 signalling pathway by HIV-1” Akbay et al 2020. Tells us why Dr Roger would say this “ little” gem of information.

The study can be difficult to read, but here is a précis.

Firstly, the bodies cellular function once infected by HIV is under the control of mTOR.

The virus can both activate and inhibit the mTOR pathway.

Initially HIV inhibits mTOR to gain a foothold ( reduces immunosuppression) , this goes against what we think in relation to treatment of Cancer in where it is beneficial. In Cancer we wish to quieten the bodies system.

Then later in the HIV cycle mTOR is increased by the virus increasing the bodies immune response. Thus T cells ( our fighting cells ) loose memory formation of the HIV virus.

Therefore, the virus inhibits T cells to facilitate its own replication.

The major problem is HIV anti viral drugs cannot target certain areas of the reservoir of the virus which are in the spleen and lymph nodes.

A quote from the study says “ the combination of mTOR inhibitors with different anti HIV drugs shows significant effects in viral replication “ another quote states “ a combination of anti HIV drugs with inhibition of the mTOR pathways might be an efficient measure to cure, rather than control HIV replication “.

So, all members who read and contribute to this forum realise that our compound is fascinating.
    In some arenas it is a stand alone drug as in Lymphoma B treatment and possibly Covid 19, in other areas in the future it will be used as a combination therapy.

Do we have a combination cure for HIV , to me at the moment it needs to definitely be investigated.
    HIV has been around since 1959 , first diagnosis in a man in the Congo.
    Since then 78 million have been infected and 39 million people have died from it.
    The lifetime treatment costs in the USA is USD $ 367,134.

Well done Dr Roger Aston.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $87.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $66.29K 335.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 426397 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 116919 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.25pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.