NAN 1.67% $3.53 nanosonics limited

Can NAN Weather The Storm?, page-65

1. 3,019 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1846
    Hi Zeno,

Thanks for your insightful posts as always. I believe the next product will be similar to the Trophon but a version perhaps for Endoscopes and other larger surgical implements. (Maybe I am miles off but fun guessing)

I felt this excerpt from the half yearly report gave a clue and indeed ruled out the environmental decontamination option. However, I would imagine (hoping) they are expediting the R&D in this area for obvious reasons.

NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT

Product expansion is a core growth strategy for Nanosonics and in the first half of FY20 $6.8 million was invested in R&D, an increase of 24% on prior corresponding period and 15% on prior half. Nanosonics’ R&D interests span five key areas, namely:

 Instrument cleaning;
     Instrument disinfection;
     Storage solutions;
     Environmental decontamination;
    and Digital solutions for traceability and compliance.

Active programs are in place covering a number of the areas outlined above.

Nanosonics is investing significantly to progress its next new innovative platform technology.

This technology is being designed to address a major unmet need in infection prevention today and would involve both capital equipment and consumables targeting a large addressable market which, if successful, is considered to be similar in financial opportunity to trophon.

Subject to technicalmilestones and timing of individual market regulatory approvals, the Company is targeting commercial introduction in FY21.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.