can someone name the education minister?, page-4

1. 3,886 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 241
    Education really needs to be looked at.

I was in the office yesterday and my business partner came in with his children. He asked if I could assist his son with a MacBeth assignment. Although I hadn't studied it for over 20 years I said I would give it a go.

To my disgust, the questions related to:

1) Providing MacBeth with a guide on how to kill the King with no regrets, with reference to the "Dagger" speech and avoid is guilt driven downfall.

2) Providing a guide on how to murder MacDuff, other persons and their families who suspected MacBeth.

In all reality, what it suggests that students make a guide to achieving a positive outcome from an immoral and wicked act. MacBeth is a tragedy, showing how unbrided ambition can lead to self destruction by pursing power at all means. To my mind a good moral lesson and consistent with society.

So while parents may still believe that education is teaching the classics, the interpretation and manipulation is deplorable. While we agrue the noise, the damage is being done to the future, while we all sit by. Who is protecting the minds of the children, the future of our society?

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.