PXU paperlinx sps trust

can sps trust be forced to buy out pxupa's?

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    I refer to the following link, which is the precis of the PXUPA Prospectus and says the same things, but in short (of course, because it's a precis!)

http://www.paperlinx.com/investor-information/paperlinx-sps-trust.htm

Anyhoo, this part irks and fascinates me (it's edited for the bit I want to discuss):

PaperlinX's Realisation Rights

PaperlinX may cause the Issuer to Realise PaperlinX SPS in the following circumstances:

... if the aggregate Face Value of PaperlinX SPS on issue is less than $50 million.

So, what is "Realisation"? The documnet says the following:

Realisation

Realisation of PaperlinX SPS may be by any one or more of the following:

Redemption (for cash);
    Exchange (for PaperlinX Ordinary Shares); or
    Resale (for cash).

The $50m is a key figure, it seems to me. PXUPA's have a current price of $17.50. The market cap (which is "Aggregate Face Value") is $49,875,000.

My question is, does this <$50m represent a "trigger point" whereupon Paperlinx, the company, can call on the SPS Trust to realise the PXUPA's (if the PXUPA SP remains <$17.50, or have an aggregate face value of <$500m? From what I read, it seems they can! My other question is, will they?

There are three players in the PXUPA fiasco: holders (little to no rights to realisation, unless under takeover, which is possible, and an offer is hanging aroundf the table); PXUPA, the company, who can force SPS Trust's hand, and the SPS Trust itself, which noone seems to be discussing (unless I have missed seeing it).

The cash question, under realisation, seems to be unknown. The Trust has said that PXUPA's have a "value" of $34, in their latest ANN. This is more than the circa $21 (potentially) offered by private equity. Or maybe the "realisation" involves a price of $100- I don't know.

Since reading about this "realisation" a few weeks ago, I have watched the price of PXUPA fall and rise to this level, because the $17.50 price is significant, it seems. I may be very wrong here, but there *may* be a push you, pull me thing happening where $17.50 gets reached, and then powers that be push the price back up, so tat the potential trigger point does not stay there.

I would be very interested in the views of HC people re this. I haven't bitten the bullet yet, and quite frankly, the covenant issue has bothered me, and I am waiting, as I don't want to get messed up in another RPF situation (I tell ya, the distressed debt people are not about pretty outcomes- except for themselves- and they were mentioned in relation to PPX in an article in the AFR some time ago. I made reference to it some months ago, and can link it again, if desired, or just report that post I made).

Ideas, people, on the forced payout by the SPS Trust? I notice a couple of Directors from the Trust have resigned- a sign?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PXU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.