can the abc 7.30 move on please, page-9

1. 7,590 Posts.
    I agree what Alan Jones said was reprehensible. And I will also defend his right to free speech as much as anyone elses.

The main story wasn't the interest rate cut, the interview with John Laws or the Somalian businessman whose restaurant was blown up by suicide jihadists.

The main story was the third one. The Christians preaching in Rundle Mall. A free speech piece about whether citizens have the right to preach in public. That was the most significant story for me tonight.

A Human Rights Lawyer compared the preachers to the Occupy Wall Street protestors, not the recent Islam rally in Sydney. Good to hear the Law Society bloke clarifying that our freedom of speech is only "implied" from the Constitution via the High Court.

Who would have thought 20 or 30 years ago that in the City of Churches preaching the gospel would be banned and compared to Occupy Wall Street protestors? Whilst violent religious protests in Sydney go unmentioned in the same story? What the?

A mish-mash of politically correct slippery slope-ism is how I would describe what I saw on 7:30 tonight.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.