Dave,This is also a repost, but I would like to get your...

1. 2,146 Posts.
    Dave,
    This is also a repost, but I would like to get your thoughts on the ideas I have expressed.

As far as I can see, the policy or targeting the leadership of the terrorist orgainizations, as the Irsaeli military is doing, seems to be an effective one.

As seen from the recent serial assasinations of Hamas leaders, you only have to go a couple of levels down and there is almost noone willing to claim the leadership, and if they are, they going to very very quiet and not rock the boat.

My take on it, is that the real impact of these terrorist acts, comes from the organization that allows for:
    - continual or serial attacks like the bus and restaurtant suicide bombers that seem to be without end and seem unstoppable,
    - mega attacks like WTC, or the thought that mega attacks are possible due to the organization behind the terrorists.

For example for the suicide murderers,the orgainization of this infrastructure of terror arranges for and continually supplies:
    -explosives for terror acts
    -manufacture of the suicide belts
    -weapons and ammunition
    -identification of feeble-minded who can be convinced to put on the belts
    -videos of the last momemts so that these morons can be portrayed as heros, rather than the morons they are
    -indentification of school buses, restaurants and other vulnerable targets that will have a big impact and raise the feeling of vulnerability of the general population
    -transportation of the moron with the belt to the target to ensure he doesnt come to his senses
    - having people like saab erekat prepared to give a speach denoucning the cycle of violence, and divert blame for the terror to the victom of the terror.

My feeling is that the Israeli strategy in place seems to be to use the Palestinean terror acts as they occur, as a basis to further dismantle in a targetted way, the infrastructure of terror in the Palestinean communities, so that over time, the terror acts will become both more ineffective, and just on a level with random crime.

From what we see with Hamas so far, it seems like a good and workable stratagy. Once you eliminate a few levels of these hard core murderers and thugs who dominate the top levels of these orgainizations, probably not more that a few hundred I would guess, it is possible for a more responsible leadership to emerge and begin again the negotiations that are neccessary to find a solution to the Israel-Palestine problem.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.