can we believe what we see?, page-12

1. 44,216 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    good evening tappie....

I've worked in multi-disciplinary teams for much of my working life. the benefits of multiple perspectives is vital imo. it helps to balance decisions rather than have ideological decisions. monocular decisions. but the very nature of different disciplines being siloed is to allow each department their own organic growth.

you mention the Pareto principle..... I hadn't heard of that but once understood I recognised the same belief expressed by Carl Jung - that causes are waves and non-linear... and neither are causes usually so well aimed that they don't deliver collateral damage. and then of course there are chain reaction impacts as well.

and so the siloing of departments has waves of effects on other department in universities and in the greater pond of university life it comes alive with ripples and waves from all the various disciplines.

Jordan Peterson seems an interesting person. I read his home page as well as a news.com report on his visit to parliament last year. I'll have a look at his YouTube and podcasts later. he's quite a mixed bag hey.

describe 'love'? never.... a neurochemistry reaction? a soul connection? pure lust? desperate need for security? co-dependence? which 'love' could be described wholistically? as a gestalt?

and 'Higher Mind', I've been working on this for decades and still can't be sure if such isn't my own invention. Jung tells me to look to archetypes, then reflects the buddhist perspective. gods or dogs? perhaps the 'universe' is the Higher Mind?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.