"We have little fertile land". Compared to?? We have far more...

1. 3,968 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 373
    "We have little fertile land". Compared to?? We have far more than we need to feed 25 million people. It might be getting worse by the year, that's a whole different argument. But at present it allows us to grow a wide variety of food. Meanwhile you're having to send baby formula back to the Motherland?? Great superpower China can't even manage to reliably feed its infant population?

I'm sorry, which minerals do you see as relevant at the moment? I'm not kidding but I'll concede on the Opals. I'm not talking about hot stocks on the asx either, I'm talking about the building blocks to manufacturing. And if we need something, there are plenty of trading partners out there that are much less intent on global domination.

I'm not worried about China stealing technology, I was refuting your "China Number 1" rhetoric, touting the amazing works of "Chinese R & D". Do you find it hard following a discussion?

The Chinese may have a "collective culture" because if they don't they get "disappeared" or they starve to death. True. We've got plenty of smart people here. We do need more people educated and focussing on the future, and technology - this is true. Again, these are all management issues.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.