Wow, some really good discussions in here. Thank you everyone. I...

1. 2,107 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 258
    Wow, some really good discussions in here. Thank you everyone.

I have noticed that there are some trends / policy changes that may impact the housing market in the future as below:
    1) WFH - clearly that will reduce the pressure on the city housing market and move to the regional, which is happening that push up the price everywhere. Not so sure if this trend can continue. My opinion is that if people feel comfortable wfh and corporate is ok with that, plus schools, hospitals and other amenities available then it's ok to live in regional with fresh air, less transport and more green.

2) Demolish of stamp duty in NSW could lead to more transactions due to lower upfront cost. That could improve supply a little bit.

3) The change in Aged Care Act. Gov has been super generous funding aged care services for EVERYONE. Some boomers don't even need to touch their houses for the services. That needs to change. People need to pay for that so the aged care fund can be direct to those who really need it. Which means boomers need to sell their assets to pay for the aged care services. Again, hope that help the supply side a bit.

4) Future rate hike definitely have big impact, maybe in next year or the year after.

Anyway, young generation is really struggling to get a house.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.