WOR 0.20% $14.90 worley limited

can Worley avoid collapse in oil price?

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    I wanted to continue the thread 'is WOR an oil stock?' but puters HC not functioning as normal.

My thesis in other threads is that although we are seeing increased spend in civil infrastructure i.e. roads, bridges, rail, water etc.... WOR is primarily a contractor focused on oil industry and esp on massive projects costing billions. I thought company would shift its focus but at recent AGM the CEO reaffirmed the energy sector remins core. Energy now encompasses alternative sources and WOR are good at solar farm design and development.

Meanwhile POO continues to fall and fall. 4 weeks ago WTI was$52.40. Overnight (friday) its down by 3.45% to $43.12 http://www.marketwatch.com/

That's a fall of 17.7% in a month with little relief in sight as Libya has finally repaired its main outlet after being in disuse since 2011. Starting in a week Libya will begin adding an extra 1 million barrels/day of high quality crude which refineries much prefer. It means heavy oil producers will have to lower their price to maintain mkt share. OPEC meets end Nov but with 4 key producers unwilling to accept cuts (in fact they will increase from current prod level).... then I reckon chance of a deal holding is fairly slim.

Either way 90% of WOR's income is derived from contracts developing new projects and only one project of any size has been awarded since FY17 started over 4 months ago. Question now is: will WOR reach even 4B revenue in fy17.... let alone match the 5.9B in fy16? Looks less likely as each day passes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.90
Change
-0.030(0.20%)
Mkt cap ! $7.860B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.05 $15.10 $14.89 $21.68M 1.449M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 900 $14.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.97 1533 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.