Hi, you can use any scheme to match your sale and purchases, as...

1. 1,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    Hi, you can use any scheme to match your sale and purchases, as long as when you sell your stock you own a positive number of shares.

From ATO:

"If you have the relevant records from your CHESS holding statement or your issuer sponsored statement you'll be able to nominate which shares you have sold. Alternatively, you can use a 'first in, first out' basis where you treat the first shares or units you bought as being the first you disposed of."

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/capi...dentifying-when-shares-or-units-are-acquired/

This is an option in share sight, if share sight works for you I suggest you stick to it! For me it didn't work so well - I tried it quite a few months ago I hope it's improved since then - when I uploaded my commsec statements, i had trouble getting my transaction entries validated - it had a lot of trouble with stock splits and symbol changes, capital raising (which mean missing buy/sell transactions). I tried to fix the entries one number by one number but it was very slow to update, I had to wait a few seconds every time I changed a box or two. I don't know maybe now it's better? I think share sight is more than sufficient if you've only got a couple of trades in a blue chip stock, or perhaps if you've been diligently in keeping share sight up to date with each of your trades. It also has many other functions that seem really cool, so if you're into those....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.