Yes cabbie. But I think most commentators agree that the present...

1. 2,780 Posts.
    Yes cabbie. But I think most commentators agree that the present dysfunctional arrangement, loosely called a "Labor government" just won't go the distance.

I thought that he made many common sense statements in his speech. It is obvious to those of us who care to look, that Gillard and Labor have too many factions to keep happy. It just can't keep going.

As was said in a post sometime back, Labor may be in government, but The Greens are in power.

A successful government is "successful" because they make decisions and introduce productive reforms for the benefit of the majority.

The only "reforms" that this present government will be able to introduce, will be those that please the minority.

Have you noticed the quality of the legislation on the agenda?

Apparently, changes to the Marriage Act are one of the most important issues facing the country at the moment.

Don't worry about rising unemployment in the face of rising interest rates. Don't worry about the increasing cost of energy and the prospect of huge increases in the price of food.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.