AC8 0.00% 4.0¢ auscann group holdings ltd

Canabis has no benefit for chronic pain, page-9

1. 81 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Good point my man, I should have added that I don't see the Lancet as a poor journal at all, just that the study itself doesn't seek to inform us about what the journalist is implying it is.

For all who can't be bothered reading the journal article itself, here's the conclusion/interpretation that the scientists published.
    "Interpretation

Cannabis use was common in people with chronic non-cancer pain who had been prescribed opioids, but we found no evidence that cannabis use improved patient outcomes. People who used cannabis had greater pain and lower self-efficacy in managing pain, and there was no evidence that cannabis use reduced pain severity or interference or exerted an opioid-sparing effect. As cannabis use for medicinal purposes increases globally, it is important that large well designed clinical trials, which include people with complex comorbidities, are conducted to determine the efficacy of cannabis for chronic non-cancer pain."

They 'found no evidence' because they weren't really looking that well (through no fault of their own). They did however conduct a scientifically robust study as to general use across a population and did the best with what they had. The biggest problem with prohibition is that it gets in the way of research, so you have to take the government's word that its bad. If they had medical grade cannabis, administered in effective dosages then I would absolutely have a different opinion. My beef today with the cognitively bankrupt journalist who is trying to fit a round peg in a square hole and have it be considered as a viable candidate for the truth.

Highlighted in bold is the real take home message from this article, and AC8 is currently raising funds for clinical trials, so good news all round folks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AC8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.