DVP 5.09% $2.05 develop global limited

Canaccord Research, page-43

1. 292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    The changes for VXR that have made me jump in:

- Pit design: The revised smaller pit design with transition to underground has greatly improved the economics of the project.

- Metallurgy: There were always questions over whether the shallower oxidised Copper would be profitable. Recent positive metallurgy results have put those questions to bed, which has been a huge green light for the project.

- The managing director: By all accounts AJ is an absolute gun. He has a great track record and is known as a do'er. He will be the key to getting funding for the mine as he will instill confidence in big investors over the coming months. A big reason to get behind VXR IMO.

- The compelling Copper story: The current copper price isn't reflective of whats' to come. LME Copper reserves are dropping, grades are dropping, new discoveries are fewer and deeper. EVs are coming and that will make a small impact re: cars and grids, but the less talked about driver of Copper demand is wind and solar - These are climbing at rapid rates across the world. Panels on a roof will have to be wired to the grid and powerplants will have to be wired to cities. Put the rise of India and the Belt and Road into the mix and we have a powder keg of levers.
    In VXR, we have a project which still has a decent IRR at $2 per pound copper and it's in WA. I've been scouting for good prospective Copper plays this year - VXR is a standout for me (along with MOD).

"For longer than is worth remembering, the market pretty much ignored Venturex (VRX) and its development ambitions for the Sulphur Springs zinc-copper project in the Pilbara."
    I doubt that will be the case for much longer.
    Last edited by mlives: 24/09/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DVP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.