CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

Whilst not wanting to be accused of ramping I continue to watch...

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Whilst not wanting to be accused of ramping I continue to watch CPL with significant interest believing that present management are amongst some of the most savvy operators around and who appear to have the next six months carefully mapped out so as to maximise shareholders value and return.

Six weeks ago we were all waiting with anticipation on the release of the first JORC compliant resources for the Coalspur Project hoping its release would put a rocket under the CPL share price which was then trading around 50c. However this release has not eventuated as yet. Instead, we received news that ex Lionore directors through their investment vehicle Highland Park are going to take an 18% stake as strategic investors which has seen the share price rocket to an intraday high of 97c.

It is my understanding that Highland Park spent months doing due diligence on CPL before committing to investment. This included coal sampling/testing and they obviously liked what they have seen. This is a very smart move to get the backing of high profile Canadian investors on board before prior to the TSX listing and the releasing JORC results.

So, subject to shareholder approval, on 11 June we will have a cash injection of $22.5 mil and Colin Steyn ex CEO of Lionore will join the board. This is when then the fun will really start in my view. CPLs latest quarterly stated that this quarter will see them commencing reporting of the Coal Resource estimates for the Companys Coalspur Project which will be announced progressively over the coming months. Whilst some maybe disappointed by this delay I believe it is strategically planned to more coincide with Highland Park being on board and the lead up to a TSX listing in September/October. What better way to maximise investor interest than with a potential tripling of JORC resources with an impending TSX listing about to occur. This would also coincide with coordinated pre-listing broker road shows through Canada and US to generate significant North American interest. Also, with the possible addition of the Mancal lease in the middle of Hinton East and West, total resources could see us with near on 2 bill tonnes. Add to this updated mine plans with increased annual productions and reduced production costs, due to synergies, and the potential is huge over the next six months.

When all this is coupled with the experience of Gene Wusaty, Ian Middlemass and Colin Steyn and their proven ability to market and sell their vision to investors one has to be excited about the months ahead. Lets make no mistake, the Australian market is nothing compared to the TSX in terms of size and sophistication of investors. This is where the true value of CPL will be achieved.

So, where will CPL's share price be in six months, who knows but it is my view we will be closer to $2.00 than $1.00 if markets hold up. Enjoy the ride!!!

DYOR

Regards

Danash

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.