KYC 0.00% 57.5¢ keycorp limited

canada emv and chip rollout, page-10

1. 60 Posts.
    I will give you one thing Geoffo, you know how to turn things into an upside :)

Correct me if I'm wrong (as my strength is on the acceptance end, not the card issuing end) but Multos is an operating platform for a card. As you rightly pointed out, Multos has the ability to run other applications on the card (CAP, various flavours of EMV, PayPass etc, etc) but that doesn't necessarily mean that PayPass has to run on a Multos O/S. It isn't like saying that success for M/S Office = success for Vista, in this environment it can run on a java card and other environments. Also curious that they don't support QVSDC from Visa.

I guess I look at this way, if I'm an issuing bank I need to migrate to a new card platform as I want to do all the funky things that are available on my card. We have seen certain markets (ie the UK) go with DDA single application cards because they were cheap. We have seen movement by at least one issuer (Lloyds) to start issuing cards with the ability to do CAP as well.

As the issuing bank I can choose a Multos card, but I can also choose a raft of other technologies. Therefore just because I'm migrating my card base doesn't correlate to success for Multos even if I support M/Flex, QVSDC etc.

Also, the other applications you mentioned (ie B0', Moneo and even Mifare) aren't anything to do with Multos, Multos have just migrated the apps to their O/S. Eg Mifare is a Philips standard (now NXP).

I think my doubts about Keycorp remain. I don't have a lot of confidence with their management (and I work with some of their guys in Canada), their market share is too niche, they aren't big players in either Europe or North America and frankly their devices aren't market leading.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KYC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.