GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Canada into recession..then Oz (etc), page-63

1. 5,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    Dentie,

''Sod all...and why? Because they like to be invested in those other wealth creating products like Social Security, the Military ...oh, and of course the Interest on Borrowings (totalling 55.11% of their spending).''

You place items in a series terminated by a restrictive qualifier when you should have inserted a nonrestrictive one. Tell me, how am I supouse to realise that the 55.11% refers to all items on the series and not the the very last one?

In the name of clarity  you  should have rephrased the sentense like this:  creating products like Social Security, the Military ...oh, and of course the Interest on Borrowings (adding up when all put together to 55.11% of their spending).

As to my source is this one: https://www.whitehouse.gov/2014-taxreceipt

As to yours I have no idea because I did not even looked at it. As to discrepancy is not difficult to understand a possible reason.

As stated in the White House site: The amounts are based on the percentage of overall federal spending for each category in the Fiscal Year 2014 budget. There are key federal programs, such as Social Security, Medicare Hospital Insurance, unemployment insurance, and highway and mass transit spending, that are paid for with dedicated funding sources independent of federal income tax payments.

These seem to be what we call levies and contributions. I don't see anything sinister  here, but I must confess that I am not a goldbug.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.