MMB 0.00% 65.0¢ magma metals limited

Thought you might want to see another reply from MMB re my...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    Thought you might want to see another reply from MMB re my questions regarding mining the Thunder Bay deposit. This one from Exploration Manager in Canada.

I apologize for the delay in answering your email. The last 10 days have been very busy & I sometimes lose track of emails when I am not in the office every day. I am an exploration geologist, not a mining engineer, but will try to answer your questions (and the coffer dam question is a good one).

We envisage mining the Current Lake mineralization by open pit and the nearby Beaver Lake mineralization by underground mining (we are presently working on connecting the 2 mineralized zones that are separated by about 500m). The lake would have to be drained, after construction of a coffer dam, before we could even attempt mining at Current Lake. We have a long way to go before we reach that stage, but thinking ahead we have started to learn what we can about coffer dams, their strengths and weaknesses, and the engineering involved. Magma would contract out the planning, permitting and eventually building of such a coffer dam to a Consulting Engineering firm with recognized expertise. We do not have that experience ourselves.

We have also discussed the possible coffer dam and the required draining of part of the lake with the environmental division of a well-respected Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering firm and if all of the preparation is done properly then any environmental hurdles involved should be minimized. We began environmental baseline studies 18 months ago and fisheries and hydrology studies a year ago, which are important first steps in the permitting process.

All of this would come after we have completed advanced exploration on the project, have calculated a positive measured resource, and were able to achieve a bankable feasibility study. To date we have completed a sufficient drill hole density to begin calculating a preliminary resource estimate of the mineralization present at Current Lake and should have the drill density to do the same with Beaver Lake mineralization by early June of this year. After the resource estimates are complete we will file a NI43-101 report (this fall), list on the TSX (also hopefully this fall), and then make the decision whether or not to proceed with advanced exploration. Everything in exploration is done in steps with specific decisions made at the end of each stage in the exploration process, but thinking and planning ahead for as mainly eventualities as possible is critical.

There is a lot left for us to do, but our results to date have been excellent, as you have probably seen within our press releases.

I hope I have answered some of your questions.

Regards,

Allan MacTavish

Exploration Manager-Canada

Magma Metals (Canada) Limited

P.O. Box 10628

Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6V1

Phone: (807)345-6966

Fax: (807)345-8377

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.