OYM 0.00% 18.5¢ olympus pacific minerals inc

Yes I went to the AGM - I won't be bothered going next...

1. 10,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2057
    Yes I went to the AGM - I won't be bothered going next year(although it will probably be in Toronto) - enough said! - there was an updated presentation given - there wasn't any new good news in it but of course there was some bad news if you were quick enough to see it as the slides rolled by - firstly I noticed that the forecast for EBT for 2012 had decreased from $47mil to $37mil with no explanation given even though the production forecast remained the same at 65,000 ozs and I thought the cash costs slide showed them decreasing $30 to $735 but maybe I blinked and got that wrong.
    The CEO let slip that Bau is probably not going to be in production before 2015(if they ever manage to get the money together to develop it) and I doubt we'll see that feasibility study until next year.
    Another slide stated their cash balance was $11mil odd whereas it had been $16mil odd in the previous presentation.
    A couple of questions from the floor which were of little importance and then the meeting was closed and the Directors beat a hasty retreat to another room so no chance for the three/four shareholders present to stand around and talk and ask questions informally - a couple of brokers/analysts there may have been treated better afterwards.
    Best chance for shareholders is if another larger Company looking to expand in the region takes this over - from what I can see the share register is fairly wide open - the only name I could put forward would be OceanaGold but I'm sure there would be others.
    There are other gold stocks that represent better value IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OYM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.