CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

relative large trading on tsx overnight.From last quarterly:...

1. 1,858 Posts.

relative large trading on tsx overnight.

From last quarterly: "The facility agreement with the Highland Park Group provides flexibility for a strategic investor to acquire up to 25% of Vista."

I would interpret this as they are seeking to fully fund Vista from % sale (with contractor savings maybe 500-600 million). A complicated and time consuming task, which cpl are obviuosly not rushing and don't need to with thermal coal weakness at present.

I read in yesterdays afr concerns of nationalisation of resources by governments a worry for miners, and bhp/rio with $$$ at the ready for future projects (rio ready now).

Rio's Mt pleasant thermal operation may not expand due to mining tax, rising labour cost and Australia generally becoming expensive to do business. With Aust being the premier supplier of thermal and these obvious obstacles along side infrastructure issues, someone in afr said this will be a supply side story in coming years.

CPL is in a miner friendly town (#1 by fraser institute), closer to it target markets than Aust.

There is no thermal miner I can think of globally which has cpl's obvious advantages.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.