PAB 12.5% 0.7¢ patrys limited

cancer diagnostics

1. 16,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 742
    Another potential large value enhancer is cancer detection using macquarie uni's Super Dot detection probes, they are using PATRYS PAT-SM6 for cancer detection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Zyy1kfaRA

"Published on Nov 20, 2013
    Dr Dayong Jin, Faculty of Science

Diseases, like cancer, usually develop over years before symptoms appear. This is due to the fact that the altered biomarkers are generally present in low numbers, and are extremely difficult to detect, posing a "needle-in-a-haystack" problem. Current detection, quantification and localisation technologies use fluorescent probes that are limited by sensitivity and analysis time. The Advanced Cytometry Labs @ Macquarie has invented and demonstrated a library of hypersensitive molecular probes—SUPER Dots—able to pinpoint small numbers of abnormal cells in water, blood and urine. It improves the detectable limits by orders of magnitude, promising non-invasive early-stage diagnosis."

http://www.minomic.com/Post/i11

"Dr. Jin and colleagues from Macquarie University have developed highly sensitive technologies using super-bright nanocrystals that will potentially enable the detection of single abnormal cells in body fluids, and will provide the basis for new, sensitive and non-invasive, screening of multiple myeloma, prostate cancer and other malignancies.

“The Superdot technology offers unique advantages that will have both diagnostic and therapeutic application for the detection and treatment of prostate cancer. Minomic is extremely pleased to be part of this project,” said Dr Brad Walsh, CEO of Minomic International Ltd. The company is developing a range of products for prostate cancer based on its patented monoclonal antibody for use in both blood and urine.

Patrys’ previous collaboration with Professor Packer showed that PAT-SM6 detects specific changes in the proteins present on the surface of multiple myeloma cells, but not on normal cells. These cancer modified cells in the patients’ blood and urine are very rare in early stages of disease and their detection poses a “needle-in-a-haystack” challenge at both the research and clinical levels. Current diagnostic tests are not sensitive enough to detect these rare-event cells, resulting in an inefficient early detection and diagnosis of cancer and consequently poor prognosis.

Patrys CEO, Dr. Marie Roskrow, said: “Patrys is very proud to be part of this exciting and cutting-edge project and welcomes the opportunity to explore the innovative aspects of Patrys’ antibodies. The possibility to use Patrys’ antibodies as cancer diagnostics as well as therapeutics is very exciting and potentially brings additional opportunities and value to the Patrys’ pipeline.”

http://web.science.mq.edu.au/directory/listing/person.htm?id=jin

"In 2013, I led a team of multidisciplinary experts and attracted significant contributions ($190k cash and $570k in-kind) from cancer diagnostics companies, the Sydney-based Minomics International Ltd and the Melbourne-based Patrys Ltd. These industry alliances and the exciting research “finding a needle in a haystack” have further led to one significant ARC Linkage success (LP130100517; $427k funded for three years). The research performance by my team of PhD and Postdoctoral researchers has been recognized by the Macquarie Univeristy community with the 2013 Research Awards in both "Excellence in Research - Science & Engineering" (awarded to the team) and "Excellence in High Degree Research - Science & Engineering" (awarded to my former student Dr. Yiqing Lu).

The year of 2013 becomes another milestone in my academic career: on 17th Dec 2013, our strategically proposed ARC Centre of Excellence - NanoScale BioPhotonics (Prof. Tanya Monro as Centre Director) was successful with significant funding of $23 million for over 7 years! This becomes an excellent opportunity for the Centre researchers from multidisciplinary fields to generate major impacts in Nanotechnology, Photonics and Biotechnology.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
-0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $14.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.7¢ $43.28K 6.183M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 237374 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 1732079 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.