cancer is a man-made disease ?, page-28

1. 18,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Club-sharer

So you reckon '40' is the use-by-date for humans? -

I beg to differ.

I think when the pension age for the common crowd was estimated (somewhere in Industrial England - late 19th, early 20th century) they estimated that people wouldn't live much beyond 60, hence the pensionable age was set at 60.

It might have been '40' in the days of hunting in small tribes and surviving out in the open or a cave in all weathers, but it certainly didn't apply to my grandparents who had a hard life, ate sparingly and both lived close to 90 - grandmother was still sprightly into her late seventies still going out to the field to dig potatoes etc. In fact most people from this particular area of my home country, which is known for its harsh climate and simple lifestyle, live to a great old age.

My grandmother eventually did have a cancer - throat cancer - but no surprise to anyone who knew her, because she had a predeliction to eat the scrapings from the bottom of a roasting pan, or anything baked, which was often burnt - she didn't want to throw anything out - hence the cancer.

I agree, to try and keep people alive just for the heck of it is stupid and reminded me to make a 'living will' - but as you yourself said, there are too many people making a living by hitching themselves to our failings, whether it be in the medical, pharmaceutical, welfare, or psychological fraternities.

Teeth are important, I grant you that and when looking at photos from a by-gone era you will see most old people smiling a somewhat toothless smile or with that 'sucked-in' look which also denotes 'no teeth' - but there were 40-year olds with only a few, or bad teeth, around. In fact when I first came to Australia I found the treatment for bad teeth was simply to pull them all out and provide people with falsies - I was truly shocked at how many people my age had false teeth.

Cancer is a disease of civilisation and could have been with us for a lot longer than the last few centuries, but it didn't have the name 'cancer'. The concoction of chemical additives in fast foods, drinks etc. have a cumulative effect. The concoction of chemicals we douse our bodies with for the sake of cleanliness and beauty, similarly does us no good - most of us could probably do with a quarter of the hygiene and beauty products we use - again there is a veritable industry based on this.

Our pets, similarly, eat our foods, or eat out of cans, get de-fleaed regularly with a potent chemical, get washed in similar stuff etc. of course they get our diseases.

We simply have too much of the good life - go back to natural things; toss out the cans and pre-cooked this and that, eat raw now and then, fast for a reason or no reason, walk or work your body ............ and SMILE a lot!

Cheers

Taurisk

Position: HOLDing on - by my (own) teeth

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.