It's wonderful to see how many people have great advice about...

1. 10,565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389
    It's wonderful to see how many people have great advice about how to avoid getting cancer, I'm sure you mean well, but living with someone who has a 'serious' cancer, or living with it yourself puts a totally different perspective of how you deal with it.

To be frank I see here is people who have advice (and maybe with some who have empathy or experience) but it's not the same as having to deal with the consequences of cancer.

I noted a few years ago when one of our most notable golfers was diagnosed with skin cancer and what a media frenzy it caused. I have that same cancer but never considered it to be a big deal, I have it now........so what?

But live with someone who has a cancer with a high mortality and you'll soon see how insignificant some cancers can be, mine being one.

We have a relatively small family and three out of the four of us either has cancer or had cancer, and it isn't down to 'poor' diet.

As for you Taurisk, having a child that gets cancer is devastating I hope your daughter gets better and I am interested in the book you are translating, I can read German so if you have the name it would be much appreciated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.