KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Cancer PTEN Loss - Multi Purpose Inhibitor

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651

Here is more excellent research report from Dana Farber.

This document is sure to be an attachment to their GBM drug FDA approval application. The company is very fortunate to have these top hospitals doing this type of research on their drug. It is unique to what I have seen before, for a tiny aussie biotech....that is for sure. An enviable situation in comparison with the hard slog of so many other biotechs.

This document is not hard to understand and current investors...at least, should easily be able appreciate its significance. Patrick Wen, Jean Zhao from DF clearly spelling out that a PI3K Inhibitor to be effective - must be built or designed with divergent roles of PI3K Isoforms to counter PTEN deficiencies in Glioblastomas....... ( Paxalisib (GDC-0084, RG7666) is a brain penetrant inhibitor of PI3K and mTOR with Kiapp values of 2 nM, 46 nM, 3 nM, 10 nM and 70 nM for PI3Kα, PI3Kβ, PI3Kδ, PI3Kγ and mTOR)

The research highlights lack of performance of other PI3K Inhibitors -

As is usual no mention of Paxalisib in this research. Paxalisib sacrosanct apparently ? I don't fully understand...... but Jean Zhao, Patrick Wen, Priscilla Brasanious - and PCNSL Research @ Dana Farber have multiple recent research on Paxalisib. This research is a huge heads up for Paxalisib, not only in the brain, but as you will see below to combat PTEN loss in many other cancers.

I hope this link opens - I not know what is going on with these cut and past web address links that don't seem to open these days.

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/pdfExtended/S2211-1247(20)311

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loss of PTEN and how its stops the PI3K pathway functioning, has had little discussion here

.......brilliant highly relevant research, should fully help, to explains the critical importance of PTEN loss - and the requirement for PI3K inhibition in alpha and beta...... and the importance of stopping this PTEN loss to make existing drugs work better/longer (avoid resistance)

PTEN Loss Mediates Clinical Cross-Resistance to CDK4/6 and PI3Kα Inhibitors in Breast Cancer - PubMed (nih.gov)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.