AEV 0.00% 0.5¢ avenira limited

cane toads are a worry

1. 3,048 Posts.
    From the ABC

"One step closer to rock phosphate mine
    By Lorna Perry
    Friday, 26/02/2010
    The comparatively low price for phosphate has slowed the development of a mine in the Barkly region, but approvals for the mine to go ahead are still falling into place.

Minemakers was pushing forward plans to develop the mine to capitalise on attractive global phosphate prices.

But the global economic crisis resulted in a drop in the phosphate price and slowed development down.

Minemakers managing director Andrew Drummond says they are confident phosphate demand will increase given current trends.

The company has just been given a 25 year title to mine for minerals over an area of about 100 square kilometres.

There are two more approvals required; one from Traditional Owners and another stating the conditions for mining based on an Environmental Impact Statement

Mr Drummond explains the initial environmental impact study undertaken didn't take into account the potential management of cane toads.

"We didn't have a cane toad amelioration policy because we didn't know there were any cane toads.

"It was a box we didn't realise we had to tick so we're attending to a few things like that."

The potential for alternative energy uses also has to be looked into and he says they're hoping that process will be signed off by the end of May.

Mr Drummond says the mine should be at full production at the end of 2011."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 3163399 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 10091525 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 08.15am 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.