RGT 2.99% 32.5¢ argent biopharma limited

CannEpil vs Epidiolex

1. 1,881 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 963
    It would appear that MGC Pharma with CannEpil, is now going to become competition to and face off against the mega GW Pharma and their recently approved Epidiolex.

GW Pharma has spent many years and millions to dollars to develop Epidiolex.

“This approval (of Epidiolex), is the culmination of GW’s many years of partnership with patients, their families, and physicians in the epilepsy community to develop a much needed, novel medicine.”

“GW has gone all in: Gover moved to California three years ago to head the infrastructure build-out and clinical development progression for Epidiolex. The company has invested roughly a $1 billion in the yet-to-be approved medicine.”

A Billion Bucks! That’s one hell of a punt! Obviously one that is considered to repay the company many times over!
    We have arrived in the same space at a fraction of the time and cost!

At what price are they going to sell Epidiolex??

GW hasn’t released pricing information for Epidiolex; however, analysts have estimated patients could pay between $30,000 to $60,000 per year if their insurance plans don't cover the costs.”

From my understanding that puts Epidiolex at a price point 3 -6 times more expensive than CannEpil…………… I like that! ...........Not to mention that MGC has achieved this with no need to invest a Billion dollars or nancy around for years & years to get to the approved production stage.

Here is a short summary of the basic test results from Epidiolex. Worth noting Epidiolex provided a 48.8% reduction in convulsive seizure frequency in patients with severe TRE (treatment resistant epilepsies). I have no information on how that compares with CannEpil.

It would be interesting to compare our CannEpil with Epidiolex in overall effectiveness in reducing the frequency and severity of seizures and couple those results with the comparative cost.

This 30 page PDF covers the product from a FDA perspective.

This is taking from the new Epidiolex website – “The most common side effects of EPIDIOLEX include sleepiness, decreased appetite, diarrhea, increase in liver enzymes, feeling very tired and weak, rash, sleep problems, and infections.”

It appears that the only current CBD derived treatment for TRE is Epidiolex and CannEpil.
    From the Epilepsy Society in the UK - Update 27th June 2018 – “Cannabis Oil For Epilepsy” We welcome the announcement made on 27th June 2018 that an expert panel will begin accepting applications from senior clinicians to prescribe cannabis-based medicines and we hope the assessment of individual applications for the prescription of cannabis-based products leads to appropriate and safe outcomes for those concerned. - ​
    Check this video out

Just a word on ‘patents’. I would never advocate this company or any other in any field whatsoever to pursue securing a patent for any product unless they had an exceptional ground breaking disruptive product and backed by a truly endless supply of guaranteed funds and legal resources. For me, a patent is nothing but a blueprint for a capable copy-cat to emulate and maybe ‘better’ your patented product.

Unless you take out a patent in every country on the planet at a massive cost, anyone can knock you off in a country in which your patent is not registered. And even then, if they have more money and a smarter legal team than you and choose to drag your sorry ass through the courts, they will end up with a decisive Pyrrhic victory and you end up broke!

If MGC can develop and keep secure, their own strains of CBD and keep secret the actual cannabinoids used in their formula, that would keep me more than satisfied.

Has Coca-Cola ever taken a patent out on its formula? No. Another thing to remember is that patents expires after 20 years and become public knowledge. A design patent is good for 14 years. Also, with a ‘patented’ product, you can’t produce or sell variations of the product under the same name. In 1903, Coca-Cola removed cocaine from its formula and substituted it for caffeine as the only stimulant. Multiple changes and variations have taken place over the years, yet the 'original’ formula remains secretly intact.

CBD is soon to become an ingredient for Beer, starting with Coors. Coca Cola will also follow suit with some involvement in this new CBD focused era of health and lifestyle.

Very exciting times ahead for MXC investors .................... on multiple fronts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.5¢
Change
-0.010(2.99%)
Mkt cap ! $15.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 32.5¢ 32.0¢ $2.203K 6.783K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1666 30.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.5¢ 8746 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.31pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.