AC8 0.00% 4.0¢ auscann group holdings ltd

Canopy investor looking to AusCann

1. 7 Posts.
    Hello all,

Canadian investor here looking for some information on the Australian legal cannabis landscape. Obviously the Canopy deal is what brought me here. AusCann has a good partnership with Canopy (WEED) and I am certain they will help AusCann navigate through the barriers to entry.

In Canada, we have the "Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes" (ACMPR)... This is the Health Canada system put in place in order to fully regulate medical cannabis. This system was developed to create Licensed Producers (what AusCann hopes to be) to be the ONLY producers of medical cannabis. Naturally these Licensed Producers are highly quality controlled, quality assured grow ops. This system has created a monopoly over the cannabis industry. It is a forgone conclusion that the Canadian government will use these same licensed producers (LP's) to supply the upcoming recreational market which is being tabled for legislation in April. This is why companies like Canopy, Aphria etc have yielded substantial gains for investors.

I have a few questions Im hoping can be answered about the Australian cannabis system:

1) Am I correct in assuming that Australia's TGA is taking the same approach that Health Canada did in regulating medical cannabis? Is the cannabis program implemented yet? Or is is just being developed now?

2) Is medical cannabis currently legal in Australia and is it dry cannabis only? Or edibles, extracts, etc.?

3) If the system is already in place, how many TGA licensed producers of medical cannabis are in Australia currently?

4) How far is AusCann in the application process?

5) Is recreational cannabis in the cards for Australia in the near future? Is it being talked about? Lobbied?

Just to let you guys know, Health Canada regulated legal cannabis companies like WEED will capture the large majority of the medical and recreational market. If AusCann follows the same path as Canopy, with the same regulation, share holders will see substantial gains in the future.

Thanks in advance for helping me in performing DD on AusCann. Conversely if anyone needs clarity on how the Canadian medical cannabis system (ACMPR) currently works, hit me up.

Good luck to all whether long or short!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AC8 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.