Gee, you're jumping to some strange conclusions or assumptions...

1. 12,609 Posts.
    Gee, you're jumping to some strange conclusions or assumptions there Trevor. This is exactly the sort of response I would expect from Goose Gould.

I didn't say anything about sending off every player that threw a punch. Nor did I criticise the referee for the manner in which he handled that particular incident.

He is governed by procedure there, and the entire procedure needs to be reviewed and changed. As someone suggested earlier, it would be totally reasonable when a player is head-highed, if there is obvious concern about the nature of the hit, to have the cheap shot referred to the third umpire, and if it is indeed a blatant shot, the player be sent off. I don't expect the ref to get something like that correct first time. My point is that the penalties need to match the crime.

Here we have Inglis out for how long??...and Barrett gets 2 weeks. What a joke.

The whole procedure with the video ref needs to be reviewed. But once again, suggest something like that to Gould and his mates, and they'll immediately start throwing a tantrum. They, more than anyone, will do harm to rugby league at a time when parents are reluctant to allow their children to play the game.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.