NST 0.36% $14.02 northern star resources ltd

Can't see NST holding its share price, page-134

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    I'd be more careful of the people on this thread who didn't understand the nature of bubbles, that didn't understand that NST was part of that bubble and is still part of that bubble, that were recommending buying at the top and calling $30/share (not you but others). I'd be more careful of people who went out on a limb and told people on Friday when NST was trading at $10.20 that "it will be very difficult to buy at $9 again". It wasn't very difficult for someone this morning!!! I said NST was a part of the bubble, I was right. I said $9 was a certainty, I was right and now I'm saying $6 is a possibility if there is a protracted recession in the US and the S&P 500 reverts to recognising honest GAAP reported earnings (as $100/per share is a potential realistic scenario under deep recession conditions) and the gold price follows the market down. As I suggested, put the $6 on a post-it note and let's revisit in 6 to 12 months. I've tried to warn people wherever I comment on HC about the bubble but speculators are in their own cocoons. I put the question to the lithium investors through the PLS threads when lithium companies started stock piling spodumene and PLS's share price was 47cents if they had factored in and planned for a meltdown, but the hot house of this site doesn't allow for rational discussion. Well that stock is down 66% since I gave that warning. I even warned gold stock investors on stocks that I own/owned that everything would be hit including their stocks.

It's not over yet. There are many economists floating the proposition about disruptions in the global supply chain bringing economic activity to a stand still. I'm not an economist but anecdotal evidence seems to suggest this is happening. I was talking to a guy who owns a pool shop the other day and he said he can't get chlorine anymore as supply from China had dried up. He was hoping that a supply line would open up through the US from Mexico where it is also produced in quantity. I have no idea about the supply lines for the gold mining industry that consumes a bunch of chemicals, reagents etc and relies on parts for machinery, tyres etc from China. If a crucial supply comes into short supply, what might that mean for gold production. Is it possible that production might be slowed or shut down under such a scenario? It's just another hypothesis to consider during these highly unusual times. What impact would a scenario like this have on a company like NST carrying a net debt burden at the moment? Your gap at 60cents was never filled remember lol.Esh
    Last edited by eshmun: 16/03/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.02
Change
0.050(0.36%)
Mkt cap ! $16.21B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.18 $14.20 $13.98 $10.74M 763.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 4049 $14.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.03 3510 29
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.41pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.