MSB 7.69% $1.19 mesoblast limited

can't wait anymore sold, page-10

1. 30,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1835
    mtom:

You were not 'scolded', that is only your perception.

I simply disagreed with your arguments and clearly explained why.

IMO the market has undervalued MSB, and it is demonstrably a manipulated stock, that was and remains the case. For discussion about why, see the recent posts on MSB threads, and go back and look at past discussions especially about shorting of MSB, and the algorithmic trading which manipulates the SP on low volumes.

You claim that the only approvals that count are in 2015 when product goes to market. This ignores the very substantial payments which are triggered as MSB achieves significant milestones in the approvals process. These payments arise under the Agreement with Teva (previously Cephalon).

The agreement won Biotech International Deal of the Year.

Think about that for a moment.

It is worthwhile to ask yourself why.

The terms of the agreement sets MSB apart from other biotechs who have to resort to capital raising and dilution, or a fire sale or JV at less favourable terms in order to get through the very expensive FDA approvals process.

Teva did a full risk analysis of the science to get to the point of committing vast amounts of cash. It's an endorsement of the science.

MSB is financially assured as it progresses through a series of sequential and parallel approvals.

Surely you understand that this substantially de-risks the process?

Despite attempts of brokers and traders to discredit the significance of the agreement, of results and exaggerate out of context varying dosages which led to varying results as the correct dose for optimal results were identified, there have been no failures.

MSB has been forced to issue clarifying anns to retaliate against such blatant attempts to discredit and manipulate, but they are focused on the job at hand. Managing this kind of market is impossible.

IMO the register is also secured against hostile takeover with high management holdings.

As for making a big deal of the fact that the SP continues to be low (and clearly undervalued IMO), as a LT investor I consider that the SP is NEVER the whole story when evaluating a stock.

Your post assumes that it is and it is typical of the conflict between traders and LT investors, between oversimplification and the kind of detailed analysis which doesn't lend itself to making a just few posts in chat.

It also demonstrates why all holders and potential investors should read the disclaimer when they login to HC and why they should always do their own research and not rely on oversimplifications and not react emotionally.

The Teva/Cephalon deal is only one example of why among the many reasons that MSB continues to be a LT hold for me. When the SP breaks it will IMO be very difficult to accumulate a significant amount of shares, and it will be very expensive to re-enter.

As Vinn points out, there IS accumulation going on by some big holders. It's not in their interest for shareholders to work that out, nor work out why. It's not impossible that posters appear on HC to agitate about the low SP in the hope of encouraging less well researched holders to sell.

For traders of course, the SP is the only thing, as also their idea that we all post to gain followers. If you can discredit some posters defending a stock, and convince others to even start ignoring their posts, there may even be a gain involved. (I'm not saying that is the case here, but I'm not totally excluding the possibility either because this is an anonymous chat room and we don't know who were are dealing with or where their real interests lie. Caution is appropriate.)

The assumption that we are all losers if we take a more measured LT approach is frankly absurd. Each holder's circumstances are unique and I would't presume to advise people what to do with their stock. However, along with many other posters, including the tireless Vinn, I try to offer an alternative view to the ceaseless and sometimes lazy posts which are clearly talking the stock down.

Finally, you assume some kind of unique ability at stock picking. You assume that we all solely have our money parked in MSB and are bleeding the same way due to the undervalued SP? MSB has always been a LT hold for me and you don't know my average price either.

I've picked what have been serious winners too, and I don't cross promote or big-note myself about it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.