MSB 5.16% $1.01 mesoblast limited

DT6F: The tragedy is that my comments sought little other than...

1. 16,873 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8355
    DT6F:

The tragedy is that my comments sought little other than to inform and enlighten myself and to understand what was being posted by people who appeared to carry an elements of superior knowledge and authority on the stock. I really didn’t envisage the ensuing “dust-up”.

The fact is that, since the much-vaunted “Biotech Deal of the Year” (I didn’t even know that was a thing) over three years ago, after which MSB’s share price reached around 950c. It has halved since then, while the broader Australian equity market has risen by 20%, plus it would have yielded some 15% in dividends over that timeframe.

So that’s patently significant underperformance over an relatively meaningful time period, and would have been a significant opportunity cost for long-term holders of the stock.

And what I am doing now – and I assume others like me are doing the same – is to try to figure out why this has been the case, and more importantly, whether it could continue or whether the market is plain wrong on the stock.

So it bemuses me that questioning to this end – which forms part of any normal research process – is met with a level of suspicion and hostility one would find in persecution complex responses.

By way of example of my ongoing research into MSB as a potential investment opportunity, I am exploring the essence of the Teva-MSB link.

I have come across many MSB statements and pronouncements emphasising the significance of Teva in relation to the Phase 3 Congenital Heart Failure trial, referring to Teva as its “commercial partner”, so last night after dinner I spent an hour or two on the web looking for Teva’s articulation of its strategy in relation to MSB.

To my surprise I found almost no reference to MSB in Teva publications and announcements. I will resume my search over the weekend, and am happy to do so on my own steam, but if any followers of MSB – owners of the stock, or otherwise, it really doesn’t matter – can point me to any publications and or documents that might shorten my search, I would be much obliged.

PS. Company just made another positive announcement regarding bringing forward plans for its commercial manufacturing operations in Singapore. (And here I was not even being aware that they owned any manufacturing operations. Shows how little I know!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.01
Change
-0.055(5.16%)
Mkt cap ! $1.153B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.04 $1.04 $1.00 $1.699M 1.665M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 51382 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.02 40413 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.51am 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.