QAN 1.64% $5.99 qantas airways limited

Hi bossdog,It could be you and webzone who need educating. I...

1. 3,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1551
    Hi bossdog,

It could be you and webzone who need educating.

I still haven't seen a good explaination as to how Malaysia is the best location for them. I've asked plenty of questions, many of which go unanswered or ignored, so please educate me with the answers. If you can't answer the questions, then really, you have no right to say that you can't educate me.

What do you say of setting up a base in Shanghai or Hong Kong? Personally I think if you were going to set up in Hong Kong you need a merger with Cathay, which would provide a one stop to anywhere in the world, but most importantly, Qantas could leverage off Cathay's good name in China and have great conections through Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou to Hong Kong and the rest of China.

Setting up in Shanghai, would provide more regulatory nightmares but buying an existing airline would be a way around this. It would be a hard deal to push and I would see huge opposition from the Chinese government initially, but nothing more than Qantas are currently experiencing in Malaysia and Singapore.

Geographically, Hong Kong and Shanghai are far superior than Malaysia and Singapore with only Singapore having any chance of competing on the premium traffic front. Malaysia is a waste of time and money, everyone else can see this, except AJ and a few of his supporters.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.99
Change
-0.100(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $9.760B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.01 $6.03 $5.96 $37.50M 6.276M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 215097 $5.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.00 62802 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.