QAN 1.64% $5.99 qantas airways limited

canton route vs kangaroo route, page-8

1. 3,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1551
    Hi Webzone,

Aren't using disparate facts by trying to link Malaysia and China?

One is the size of Australia in population with a very small premium airline market, whilst China is the emerging powerhouse of the world with an established premium market that will grow rapidly.

So tell me, how is Qantas going to tap into this Chinese market and do it with a layover/stop in Malaysia? How many destinations in China do Qantas have and how frequently do they fly there directly? China Southern will take all the business because they will be flying directly between Australia and China directly.

Yes Qantas need a presence in Asia or more importantly China, but at what cost? Betting the business on a half baked idea in Malaysia. IMO, if they set up a base in Malaysia, it will be business suicide.

If you can't see what Ben is questioning, I suggest you take a harder look without the rose coloured glasses. What I take out of his article is that the idea is there(move into Asia), but the reality doesn't currently fit(Malaysia is a poor choice), so be patient and don't push an idea that will potentially bring down the company.

Granted that was a load of dribble at the end of his article.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.99
Change
-0.100(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $9.760B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.01 $6.03 $5.96 $37.50M 6.276M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 215097 $5.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.00 62802 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.