KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Cantrixil Study, page-5

1. 6,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2536
    Hi R&P. Yeah I dont think it is that. The claims on this new USA application granted this year in aug are only number to 8 the first US application had 12 granted in 2017. Both applications were being rejected on the prio art of Jeofferys from MEIP. This latest one even had final rejection action but managed to get it over turned. I am just curious to what it all means. The AU IP was granted back in Feb of 2015. Why has it taken so long to get these two US applications granted and with what seems such a bun fight with the examiner.
    What is truly bizarre is that the MEIP IP with Jeofferys was only granted in 2017 as well and it suffered rejections on the pri=art of Heaton (novogen).

It seems to me both companies were chasing each others tail on the prio- art. I am no chemist but when you put both compounds together in each application in the US they look excatl the same to me and both are making very similar claims.

Will send an email to James to clarify. But it seems odd that both were being rejected on each others prior art, and yet today both have been now granted in the US.

Meip https://patentscope.wipo.int/search...amp;tab=PCTCLAIMS&_cid=P12-K116ZO-83060-1
    Last edited by harvett: 27/09/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.