KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Cantrixil Study, page-6

1. 6,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2536
    There is only 8 claims in this new US just granted patent. And the word recurred, resistant recurrence and remission, to me seem to be adding up to one thing. Combination treatment where standard care has become resistance for many cancers. Today ann mentions the sensitising effects now seem to have a greater effect than a monotherapy.  

"Interestingly, some early signs are emerging that the drug may help to reverse chemotherapy resistance, supporting the preclinical data that was originally collected at Yale. "

I have long held to the theory of follow the patent applications for what company is expecting or believes might happen.   

Column 1
    0 4. The method of claim 3, wherein the cancer is a cancer that has recurred.
    1 mce-anchor5. The method of claim 3, wherein the cancer is resistant to one or more chemotherapeutic agents.
    2 mce-anchor6. The method of claim 3, wherein the cancer is selected from the group consisting of: pancreatic cancer, colorectal cancer, melanoma, prostate cancer, brain cancer (including paediatric and adult), ovarian cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, liver cancer, uterine cancer, neuroblastoma, mesothelioma, malignant ascites and peritoneal cancer.
    3 mce-anchor7. A method for reducing incidences of, or risk of, cancer recurrence in a subject deemed to be at risk of cancer recurrence, the method comprising administration to the subject of an effective amount of the compound of formula (I) according to claim 1.
    4 mce-anchor8. The method of claim 7, wherein the subject deemed to be at risk of cancer recurrence is a subject who is in cancer remission.
    https://patentscope.wipo.int/search...7.wapp2nC?docId=US217776964&tab=PCTCLAIMS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.