AOE 0.00% $4.68 arrow energy limited

caoital gains tax calculation, page-9

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Greggy,

The things that you are requesting are better to be discussed in private with your Accountant. I can assure you that I know a little bit about Tax matters, but to post on a forum whereby everyone can take it as a Tax advise, is a little risky and open for possible litigations. Especially since the situation and tax position can change from Investor to Investor and upon the way they are investing.

All I can tell you is, that as you hold the shares for more than twelve months, you are entiltled to claim the 50% Capital Gains Tax Relief Provision, (providing you are not trading as a Company, a SMSF, and you are not a Share Trader, etc.), and that when you will sell the Dart shares you will receive from the Demerger Scheme, the profits you will make will be taxable to the extent that they exceeds the cost base simply because the cost base will be deducted form the purchase price of your AOE shares.

It is a little confusing to explain how it works on this boards, and I would prefer to give an example face to face with someone that ask that question.

The way I see it, is that if you only paid 60 cents for your AOE shares and we are going to receive 1 Dart share for every two AOE shares, depending what value is applied to the Dart shares, that value will/can be deducted from the purchase price of your AOE shares, and the balance is taxable with the Capital Gains Tax Provision, if you are not a Trader.

As I said, it is a little hard to explain on this board. I hope this will help and please don't take it as a Tax advise and DYOR.

Buddy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.