PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Agree with most of this Joakimpatron. However, I have been...

1. 425 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 454
    Agree with most of this Joakimpatron. However, I have been compulsorily bought out of one stock that was still not a profitable company.

As I said on my original post on this subject, I cannot see how any country can make this a legally legitimate process. I own something and I am forced to sell it by someone, and to someone, with more money than me, at a price that I do not agree is fair value. Oh how I would love to see this tried in court and thrown out as a legitimate or fair process. There must be something in contract law that precludes someone from coercing parties to sell what they own for any value, let alone a value agreed upon by someone else. (Actually, I know for a fact, that there are several points of contract law that could be applied here. The trick is applying it to this situation and then beating someone in court who has thousands of times more money than you to throw at the case) Anyhow, this is a legal argument, not something that we are on this forum to discuss. It's also an argument that I fear I would have no chance of winning because there is more money to be thrown at the other side of the lawsuit. It's sad that that's the society we have produced, He who has the most money wins. I think it's a bit of an indictment on society and I know that it's an international phenomenon.

Big digression. Sorry I do that. Don't start me on my pet subjects. Actually I don't think anyone started me, I started myself.

My point was and remains, there is no takeover bid. If there was, I don't think, and ardently hope, that it would be accepted by the board at anywhere near today's price, nor any price that PET has ever hit to this date. I don't believe that they got in this thing to see their stock value drop by hundreds of millions of dollars so that they could sell out and run away with their tails between their legs. I see no reason for them to contemplate selling out at any figure that would be likely to be thrown at them. I think that they sincerely believe in a very big future for this company. As long as the board and the majority of shareholders believe more in a company's future than does a potential bidder for a takeover, there is no successful takeover. And I believe that this is the situation we are in. Management showed their hand when they sold a tuppence worth of shares near recent highs and held on to the lion's share. Quite simply they think it is worth much much more.

That's my last word on this subject. My intention was to shut it down because it is simply not a thing yet. Why should we make it a thing just because someone invented a negative story for us to dwell on. I don't know about the rest of you, but I joined this forum to find out information, not to make it up, and not to get sucked in to stories about made up situations. I see no point in beating up on a stock that I own by joining in discussions created either out of boredom or out of malice. I will gladly discuss real negative news. I will not indulge rampant negative speculation.

I sign off on this discussion and I challenge you all to hold me to that. I know that you will.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.