PDN 1.63% $12.65 paladin energy ltd

...the only thing? ...mmm....have a look at Kazatomprom 2020...

1. 207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 373
    ...the only thing?

...mmm....have a look at Kazatomprom 2020 Financial Results

...you would hopefully see more reasons to stay away from Uranium producers with >250% times ASIC than theses guys....

How can you even try to compete with companies with bottomless government subsidies... and KAZATOMPROM has at this stage ~5K ton/annum of spare capacity...so if demand increase say...their ASIC would drop even lower...economies of scale...

...so....would love to know what the investment thesis is here...after this fund raise, PDN still needs to find another ~$80M to get production ready...so more dilution...only way for that to make sense is via significant higher Uranium prices...and when that happen, there is immediate supply to deliver from CAMECO & KAZATOMPROM @<30% of PDN's ASIC....so it is going to take these guys 18 months to make delivery happen...so utility companies would rather use producers with immediate supply...closer....and the lowest price....

KAZATOMPROM is already making millions/year ~$29/lbs....nobody can compete with that...so good luck if you think that anyone would be able to compete with them....or CAMECO...

Bottom line: PDN as an investment made sense before the days of KAZATOMPROM...and a streamlined CAMECO...but ~15 years later...business model is flawed/stale...so if Uranium is going to pop based on the current questionable bull narrative....PDN would not be on my top 5 uranium equity investment list....

Also have a look at the 10 year 2015/2016 contracts by China/India with KAZATOMPROM... so maybe another reason to maybe wait for another 5 years before touching PDN

...my two cents...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.65
Change
-0.210(1.63%)
Mkt cap ! $3.782B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.60 $12.80 $12.56 $23.49M 1.849M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4500 $12.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.66 3571 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.